Warning: May possibly contain spoilers for The Vampire Diaries.
So today I desided to write about TV.
Especially The Vampire Diaries, my current favorite show.
I've noticed that after the Twilight Saga became movies, the vampire-hype has gotten larger than it's ever been before. True Blood and The Vampire Diaries are two TV-shows origined from books. Why is it that the vampires have gotten so much publicity now, when there has been several TV-shows and films with vampires? Examples are Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel: The Series, Queen of the Damned, Dracula and Van Helsing. And those are just a few.
And I know it can't be because the actors are so much hotter. Because I distinctly remember pining after the brooding Angel or the badass Spike. The vampire Lestat wasn't that bad either.
To the left we have David Boreanaz and James Marsters as Angel and Spike and to the right we have Stuart Townsend as The Vampire Lestat.
You have to agree with me that they do not look that bad.
But I do think that one of the reasons the world loves vampires is that they are more modern and powerful.
And now I'll start writing about The Vampire Diaries. When I first started watching the show I actually didn't know that it originated from books. Or that the first book came in 1991, a long time before Twilight was even dreamt about. I admit it, I was a die-hard Twilighter, and that the reason I first watched TVD is because I was still hyped up on that. But when I really got into it I realised it was so much darker, mature and powerful than Twilight. And I loved it. But the fact was, the show hadn't started airing yet on TV here in Norway and I honestly didn't have the time to watch it on the internet. Then I forgot about it for a long time.
But then, the first Wednesday in 2010 the first episode aired. And I was hooked. Now I watch the episodes on the internet because I can't wait a week to see the next one.
Then, just a few days ago, I was browsing the bookshelves at a bookstore and was wondering if I should by the first True Blood book when I looked down and there it was in all its glory; The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening + The Struggle! I bought it immediately. Now I've read the first book and are about six chapters into the second.
The show and the books are so different from eachother. First of all, Elena's blonde, has a sister and there's three years since her parents died. Second of all, Stefan seems so weak and hurt, when in the TV-show he's powerful and brooding. But Damon seems almost the same, although he hasn't been that much in the book up to now. And for your information, my favorite character is Damon Salvatore. I love the bad ones.
So if you haven't seen The Vampire Diaries yet, I highly recommend it. True Blood also.
See you next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




You know, I was totally right about the whole vampire thingy, and how it is nothing but pornography for girls that think porn is grose!
ReplyDeleteIt's dark pornography for girls (and boys) with bloodplay and all that jazz! ;) But True Blood is the only show that really has any explicit sex in it!
ReplyDelete